Friday 12 June 2015

RORY'S REVIEW:
I never studied Spanish in school and was worried about starting at the age of 46.  However, I found the instruction at Jabel Tinamit perfect for me.  I studied eight hours a week for three months and, by then, I felt comfortable speaking Spanish in most situations.  I lowered my hours to five per week for three months and continued with daily homework.  Now, after six months, I am a confident Spanish speaker.  I make mistakes, but normally correct myself.  I believe that, even after I return to the United States, I will get rusty, but have achieved something I will never lose.  I have loved my time at Jabel Tinamit and respect and admire the family-run school.  I will continue lessons on-line and look forward to the day when I am back in Guatemala for more lessons with El Doctor, as we call our teacher.  Many thanks to you all:  Jose (El Doctor), Candalaria, Gladys, and Gregorio!  Rory from Boston

No comments: